The heater and the cooktop in a kitchen are essential appliances, usually connected to the ductless range hood. We can rely on a ductless range hood to get better performance, introduced around the 1980s. The new generation of ductless range hoods not only cover smell but also create an area of total safety with no risk of fire. In this article, we will cover the advantages of ductless range hoods. Its features and its working conditions.
Benefits of Ductless Range Hood
- No risk of fire or smoke spreading inside the house. Also, there’s no need for ductwork for exhaust air out from the kitchen because air will be pushed back into the inside room by a forced circulation system. Because there’s no duct, the installation is easier and more economical.
- There’s no need for air ductwork or a large amount of ductwork interior.
- It uses little energy, which is environmentally friendly.
- It can be installed almost anywhere, even in a narrow kitchen space, with the installation kit provided by the manufacturer. It also saves space in the kitchen when installing it in an area that doesn’t have much countertop or cabinet space.
- It is designed to match the appearance of countertops and includes a design with a very light appearance. It also changes the look of a kitchen without an air duct system, making it a good choice for older kitchens or retrofit projects.
- Better airflow/venting because there’s no air ductwork close to the foods being cooked; it provides better air circulation.
- It provides better ventilation and can be installed right into an existing cabinet space and install into new cabinets that have been built. The new generation of ductless range hoods not only cover smell but also create an area of total safety with no risk of fire.
- With the installation kit provided by the manufacturer, it can be installed in a short time.
- It saves the area under the hood because there’s no space under the hood; there’s no space for exhaust fans and other parts. This means that there’s less space for cleanliness under the hood than before.
- Instead of venting air to the outside, it can vent into an enclosed space.
- It can remove odors and smoke from cooking and keep the kitchen free from smoke odor.
- Its design is good on the eyes and matches all types of kitchen countertops. It also changes the look of a kitchen without an air duct system, making it a good choice for older kitchens or retrofit projects.
Features of Ductless Range Hood
-Air cleaning effect: air will be sucked from the outside room by the Speed Clean Fan system and pushed back into the inside room by a forced circulation system, removing up to 99% percent dust particles.
-Fire prevention: air is pushed back into the kitchen, preventing fire or spread of smoke if there’s fire. It also contains an automatic shut-off system to protect against overheating.
-Fully adaptable: it can be installed almost anywhere, even in a narrow kitchen space, with the installation kit provided by the manufacturer.
How Do Ductless Hood Vents Work?
Ductless range hood systems work by pulling air directly from the outside and through filters that trap grease, smoke, and odors. Air then travels back into the room using the ductless hood fan rather than exhausting out of the house. Since it is not connected to a duct system, ductless range hoods do not need to be installed over a stove or range directly under a cabinet. Ductless fans are much quieter than other ventilation options. They can operate at up to 2200 RPM and provide more airflow than standard exhaust fans in kitchen cabinets. Ductless fans also capture odors and smoke particles that will otherwise accumulate inside cabinets.
Are Recirculating Hoods Practical?
Ductless range hoods effectively remove up to 99% of the allergens, posing severe health risks. Some ducted hoods are recirculating, which means they pump air back into the room several times during the cooking process. Take precautions against cross-contamination, especially when preparing food for other people, by separating your “clean” foods from your “dirty” foods. It is essential to clean the air ducts in the kitchen with a strong detergent. Use hot water and bleach solution to clean the air ducts. An adult should supervise the use of your range hood or another ventilation system because children should not be left alone in the kitchen when using a ventilation system.
A modern range hood is one of the essential appliances in your kitchen. It helps you cook without leaving your place, reducing your physical activity, saving time and money, and making better food. When buying a modern range hood, you need to consider your needs, product features and look. It would help if you also considered the price. The best ductless range hoods are very expensive than other kinds of range hoods.
Q1. Do Ductless Range Hoods Remove Smoke?
Ans: Yes, Ductless Range Hoods will remove smoke from the kitchen. They have a fan that sucks in dirty air and a filter to neutralize the smell. Smoke is also trapped in the filter, so it gets removed from the air being sucked into the kitchen.
Q2. Are ductless range hoods worth it?
Ans: Ductless Range hoods are expensive than the other kinds of range hoods. They are considered efficient in many ways. They can remove odors, smoke and hasten the cooking process. The only drawback with ductless range hoods is their price tag. Other than this, they are worth it if you can afford them.